The best way we recommend to get more affordable Volkswagen R32 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Honolulu.
First, try to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more ideas to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Honolulu could pocket up to 40% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
The Volkswagen R32 Insurance Cost Equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Your liability protection limits – Liability coverage is the protection when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your R32 may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
More stress means more cost – Careers like military generals, business owners, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Good drivers pay lower premiums – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Hawaii areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Better credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. People that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen R32 by improving your credit score.
Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
Ways to get Volkswagen R32 insurance rate quotes in Honolulu, HI
Getting a cheaper price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. Just take a couple of minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Honolulu, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your R32, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
These discounts can slash Volkswagen R32 insurance rates
Some companies don’t list all possible discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current R32 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Honolulu auto insurance on their website.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
To see insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu insurance agencies?
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Honolulu for you
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Honolulu are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kirk Paterson
1259 S Beretania St Ste 1 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8844 – View Map
- Kaina Kauahi – State Farm Insurance Agent
560 N Nimitz Hwy #217f – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 524-9997 – View Map
- Sue Ann Lu – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 587-6116 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Frequent quotes can save
Cheap Volkswagen R32 insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, high prices and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
We just presented many ideas to save on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Hawaii can be read at the links below
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)